There are always 3 phases to living the Christian life successfully.
1. Hearing what God says
- Jesus said His people hear His voice so there are zero excuses for “not hearing” what He is saying [John 10:27]. One of His names is the Word of God so He is never not speaking. By the way, English is not His first language. Neither is Hebrew! Creation is the first demonstration of what He said. And it is a theme all throughout scripture.
2. Believing what God says
- There are a lot of “believers” who say they believe in God who do not believe God. They prove they do not believe God when they do not obey what He says. Authentic Christians believe the God they say they believe in regardless if they can wrap their head around what He says to them.
3. Obeying what God says
- This is where the proverbial rubber hits the road. “If you love Me KEEP My commandments [not the ten but any and everything He says].” Matthew records these words of Jesus in chapter 28: “19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
At the beginning of the COVID “war against an invisible enemy,” the Lord said to me, “Do not be afraid of it because it is not what they are saying.” I began warning people the real enemy was [are] all those who want to destroy personal freedom and sovereignty. Two years into the madness and it is abundantly clear what the real enemy’s plans are.
I also said that Christians must get to where they are confident they hear from God, confident in believing what God says, as well as obeying Him without questioning what He says or is doing. I also warned that vetting people to determine if they can be trusted with your life is crucial. A tight-knit group of people is beginning to look more attractive every day, in my humble opinion. Think globally, not nationally. All over the world people are being hunted because of their belief in freedom.
Lastly, I warned against trusting shepherds who caved to COVID and the mandates antichrist madmen were implementing, UNLESS they said the Holy Spirit was leading them to obey [which I highly doubt He would do with maybe a few exceptions]. I knew in my spirit what would eventually happen and I see it all over the place. Shepherds are making excuses for the decisions they made by trusting the secularists instead of the Savior.
In my book CHRISTIANITY THE WAY JESUS LIVED IT, I highlight the many texts in Scripture the Spirit spoke against shepherds who shirked their responsibility. They can be found in Chapter 9 All Rise, beginning on Page 175.
Here is just one of the indictments Jesus the good Shepherd issued against those who were negligent in their duty as His under-shepherds:
“My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds have led them astray; they have turned them away on the mountains. They have gone from mountain to hill; they have forgotten their resting place.” This is found in Jeremiah 50:6.
Notice the digression of those God calls His lost sheep. All as a result of the unfaithfulness of the shepherds.
- Their shepherds led them [lost sheep] astray [away from the Shepherd]
- How can a sheep be lost? Can a sheep be lost?
- Their shepherds turned them away on the mountains
- Mountains speak of less accessible places to predators, kingdom or secular government, etc. God always called His leaders up mountains to speak to them.
- Have you ever noticed every reference to “going to Jerusalem” has the word “up” with it, regardless of the direction traveled? Jerusalem is not even the highest point in “Israel.”
- Their shepherds led them from mountain to hill
- Retreat is not a kingdom core value.
- Their shepherds forgot their resting place
- Safer is not lower! It is always where God calls and leads His people.
Jesus is the good Shepherd!
Are you hearing, not just have heard, what He is saying?
Are you believing what He is saying?
Are you obeying all that He is saying?
Receive and steward God’s passion, power, presence, priority, process, promises, protection, provision, pruning, purging, purity, and purpose!
Dr. Kevin M. Drury, DMin
A radical spiritual revolutionary
Revolution Movement Co-Founder
Author of: Welcome To The Wilderness, Leaving The Land Of Your Limitations, and Christianity The Way Jesus Lived It
You say you want a revolution! Join our movement and turn your world upside down so God can turn the world He loves and owns right side up through you!
Revolution Movement is a personal and personalized discipleship to the Lordship of Jesus ministry! Jesus is Lord of all or not at all!
For the time being Revolution Movement is a 501c3 ministry. All contributions to Revolution Movement are tax-deductible if you choose to take advantage of that option.