There is a move afoot within certain segments of Christianity that gives intellectual, emotional and material support to something that is very grievous to God. This move is a counterfeit move to genuine moves of God.
That move is the reconstitution of the Law, Levitical priesthood and the animal sacrifices associated with it.
Christians who offer support for this move on any level are in danger of trampling underfoot the blood of Jesus. Christians need to take a serious look at their loyalty to the One who shed His blood to redeem them from sin, and a senseless religious culture that has no life in it.
“1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. 4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, “Sacrifice and offering You have not desired, But a body You have prepared for Me; 6 In whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin you have taken no pleasure. 7 “Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come (In the scroll of the book it is written of Me) To do Your will, O God.’ ” 8 After saying above, “Sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin you have not desired, nor have you taken pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the Law), 9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second. 10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”
This text is just one of many in the New Testament that prove that the only blood that has ever counted in the court room of God’s Department of Justice is the blood of Jesus. Notice what Jesus is quoted as saying.
- “Sacrifice and offering [of animals] You [Father] have not desired”
- “A [human] body You [Father] have prepared for Me”
- “You [Father] have taken no pleasure in whole burnt offerings and [animal] sacrifices for sin”
- “You [Father] have not desired or taken pleasure in the Law’s requirement to sacrifice animals”
- “[Father] I have come to do Your will”
The writer of Hebrews makes these stark statements:
- “The Law was only a shadow”
- “The Law was not the good things to come [future of when the Law was given]”
- “The Law is not the form [image, likeness] of things [to come]”
- “The Law can never make something or someone perfect”
- Which infers what, or who was to come would make things perfect
- “The Law kept the worshiper conscious of sin”
- “The Law reminds the worshiper they are a sinner”
- “It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins”
- “Therefore when He comes into the world”
- Inferring a Perfect One was coming into the world
- “He [the Perfect One coming into the world] would take away the first [lifeless Law] in order to establish [set in permanently] the second”
- The second is the sacrifice of Jesus’s body [blood] once for all
Jesus is called the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. When He came into the world it was to bring into time that which was instituted in eternity past. The “once for all” statement is referring to the eternal aspect of His bodily sacrifice that manifested in time nearly 2,000 years ago. This truth tells us that the Law, the Levitical priesthood and all the animal sacrifices point people to an eternal past, present and future reality.
The Law, Levitical priesthood and all the animal sacrifices were a sign to a past decision that was going to manifest in a future time in the fulness of time. When the fulness of time came, as per God’s timing, Jesus entered the world as a human being to lay down His life as the life giving Lamb of God.
To reinstitute the Law, Levitical priesthood and the animal sacrifices associated with them is an affront to God the Father, the Cross and blood of Jesus, and the Holy Spirit by which Christ was sanctified to God. You cannot hold onto the resurrected Christ and hold onto a dead religious system. You must choose Christ or Judaism!
“11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”
The writer of Hebrews states in this text:
- Jesus appears as a high priest
- In other texts this is explained in more detail
- Jesus entered through a greater and more perfect tabernacle
- This tabernacle was not made with human hands
- This speaks both of the heavenly tabernacle that was the model for the tabernacle of Moses and the temple David wanted to build
- It also speaks of the human body [temple] that God used to tabernacle with man through Jesus
- Man did not build either of those tabernacles
- This tabernacle is not of this [natural] creation
- This tabernacle was not made with human hands
- The blood of animals and the ashes of heifers are inferior to the blood of Christ
- Those can never cleanse the conscience from dead works
- Jesus shed His own blood to sanctify believers
- Jesus offered Himself without blemish through the eternal Spirit
- This qualified Him to be the Lamb slain to pay for all sin
- Jesus’ offering is the only offering to clean a conscience from dead [worthless and lifeless] works
- Jesus’ offering is the only offering where we can serve the living God
Why on earth are Christians supporting this failed religious system? They are either deceived or they have deserted Christ. Neither of those options are good.
With all the compassion I have I warn you to stay away from anyone who is providing support for the heresy of Jewish religious worship. There is no life in it and it will disqualify you from the life that is in Christ Jesus.
The Book of Hebrews was written to exalt Christ and dethrone Jewish worship. I encourage you to take the time to read this great Book. Read it slowly and pay attention to the warnings along with the exaltation of Jesus Christ.
Look at the early warning statements given by the writer of Hebrews.
- 2:1 – “we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard”
- 2:1 – “so that we do not drift away from it”
- 2:3 – “how will we escape”
- 2:3 – “if we neglect so great a salvation”
- 3:6 – “whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end”
- 3:8 – “Do not harden your hearts”
- 3:12 – “Take care, brethren”
- 3:12 – “that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God”
The writer of Hebrews continues throughout his epistle giving warning to his readers to remain loyal to Christ and run from those who were trying to draw them back under the boondoggle of Judaism.
And now those of you who read this blog are warned. Is it Christ or compromise?
Keep HIS Faith! Keep HIS Passion! Keep HIS Purpose!
Dr. Kevin M. Drury, DMin