I think I have written a blog, or two or more, about this in the past but, NOW that eschatological experts have what would seem to be the golden goose of prophetic happenings [i.e. Russian and Chinese military in the Middle East, possibly poised to pounce on the State of Israel], as well as the possible humongous discovery of oil in or near the Golan Heights [the possible reason they will pounce on Israel], I thought I would post a Biblically common sense answer to the question – Are we finally at the final end?
The end of all things is near! That is the mantra of many people who believe current events are signaling the world as we know it is finished. But, as I stated in a recent blog, a very important first century believer and writer of Scripture had this to say in and about his day, “The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.” [1 Peter 4:7]
If the end of all things was near 2000 years ago is it possible that life as we know it on earth could continue on for another 2000 years now that people are saying the end of all things is near? Let’s take a look at what another first century writer of Scripture had to say about the end.
1 Corinthians 15
20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep [dead in Him].
- “Now” means “now that Christ was raised”, not “right now”.
21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
- This speaks of Christ dying as a man and being raised to life again as a man. Also, this text reveals that there are only two men [people] alive on earth. 1] Adam the man of sin and death, and every person still dead in their sins, & 2] Christ the righteous man, and every person who has been raised to walk in newness of life [through water baptism] through their faith in Him.
23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming,
- This tells us that Christ the resurrected man is coming again to earth and when He comes those who are His will be raised from the dead.
24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
- Ahhh, the truth of when THE END comes. It comes after Christ has returned and hands the kingdom over to God the Father. He does that once He abolishes all rule and all authority and power that is not submitted to Him. PLEASE notice THE END comes only after Christ returns and when He returns.
- This appears to indicate their is no room for a rapture where the saints are taken to heaven, or for a 7 year tribulation for all of the unlucky ones here on earth, or for a future descending again from heaven to set up His earthly rule and reign.
25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
- “For He must reign until” speaks to His present rule and reign while He remains in heaven. This totally debunks the “Jesus will begin to rule and reign once He comes back to earth to sit on a earthly throne in Jerusalem in a rebuilt Jewish temple during the Millennium” [which by the way is not going to happen].
- This is one of a dozen or more references to Psalm 110:1 found in the New Testament. It is also one of a multitude of verses with the word “until” in them that are must finds for the serious student of eschatology. Check them out! They are hidden in plain sight.
26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
- Well that is rather clear – to me. THE END does not come until death is abolished. Kinda throws a huge wrench in the whole “Jesus is coming back to slaughter all of the infidels [unbelievers].” Wait a minute, that is the theology of Islam and Judaism.
27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.
- Keep in mind please we are talking about when THE END will come and that will not happen until Jesus comes again and very specific things are accomplished, like total submission to Him. The Father put all things in subjection to Jesus, except Himself.
28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.
- Well now, WHEN ALL THINGS are subjected to Him. I have a most important question for you – ARE YOU SUBJECTED TO HIM right now?
~~ Epilogue ~~
Jesus said when the resurrection would take place. THE END does not come UNTIL the resurrection of THE DEAD!
Trust Jesus and His words in John 6!
38 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”
Friends, and FB friends, please believe Jesus and Paul the apostle, the most revelatory teacher the Church has EVER known besides Jesus Himself, above the so called “experts”. And did you notice how in verse 40 John goes from the plural “everyone” to the singular “him”? Remember what I wrote above about there only being 2 people on the planet? There is Adam and all those in him. And there is Christ, the Last Adam, and all those in Him.
The end will not come because some human government’s military, or some rogue leader of some rogue terrorist group, does something dastardly.
God is is in complete control of when THE END comes! THE END and THE LAST DAY happen on THE SAME DAY!
A cursory reading of the New Testament will tell you the last days started when Jesus came 2000 years ago.
We are in the last days but we are not close to the LAST DAY!
FOR a more thorough study of this and other pertinent end time events please find on Youtube or iTunes my two series’, WHO IS THE ISRAEL OF GOD, And What Does That Have To Do With Me; and JESUS AND JERUSALEM!
And that is THE END!
Dr. Kevin M. Drury